Tuesday 18 January 2011

The Klutz Gene - in which I fall over a kerb

Some people have dramatic accidents.   They fall down a flight of stairs, crash a car or risk death skydiving.

Not me I am as safe as they come, except that I am a klutz.  Not a good Edinburgh word exactly but entirely appropriate for the circumstances. 

Over the years I have -1) fallen over opening a door, stone cold sober and in the middle of the day  2) fallen up my front door step, having missed my footing and 3) fallen over an open desk drawer, I got up and forgot it was there.

Now I add to my list by falling down a kerb and twisting my ankle.

I could say that the roads and pavements are uneven.  I could say that is was dark.  I could say that my mind was on more important things. 

To quote the US Declaration of Independence - "We hold these truths to be self evident".
But really, crashing to the ground in a heap over a few inches of kerb, not my finest hour.

After picking myself up and hoping no one noticed I hobbled home and chalked it up to the Klutz Gene.  However my past injuries have caught up with me and my mobility is limited.

I'M GOING STIR CRAZY.   I HAVE THINGS I NEED  TO DO.  I FEEL LIKE PAPILLON. 

So Happy NewYear and my resolution is - look where you're going, bandage up that ankle and beware the Klutz Gene.

No comments:

Post a Comment