Tuesday 18 January 2011

I'm Gleeful as Mr Shue strips off!

It's been a musical kind of Christmas with Hairspray at the Edinburgh Playhouse with Michael Ball as Edna.  What a show and the audiences are buzzing when they dance out the theatre!

With the daily Glee repeats on TV and Season 2 starting next week I was all in the mood for some Broadway type, top drawer, musical theatre entertainment so I hustled over to YouTube.

There was Michael Ball singing his heart out and Douglas Hodge going his "I am what I am" from La Cage at the Tony's and then guess what I found - Hairspray Original Broadway Cast giving it  their all.

"Can't stop the beat" has to be the catchiest finale in show biz and - do my eyes deceive me - there is Mr Shue from Glee dancing and singing for all he is worth.

If you want to see Matthew Morrison bhwf (before he was famous) see his Link Larkin - you will not be disappointed.

If you can't get enough of Matt search for "Broadway Bares" and "Humpty Dumpty".  It is an annual fundraiser for a very good cause.

All I will say is the boy can move and I will never look at a baby chick in quite the same way again!

Love and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment